Pollo a la King
Makes 5 servings.
This is a creamy saucy style meal. Great for cold days or to help boost Immune health! Can be poured over noodles, toast or rice.
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 cups cooked Pasture raised chicken, shredded or diced
1 cup frozen vegetables, thawed (a vegetable mix of peas, carrots, green beans, and corn works well)
Making the sauce:
1. In a large pan, heat the butter over medium heat until melted. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add in the milk 1/2 cup at a time, whisking until combined.
3. Bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring constantly, then reduce the heat to low.
After cooking the chicken in the oven or on stove top:
4. Add chicken and vegetables and stir into the sauce.
5. Season the Chicken a la King with ‘Sazon Completa’ to taste.