Oven Roasted Lemon Garlic Butter Pasture Raised Chicken
- 4 lb. whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3-4 slices of lemon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl mix butter, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic cloves, dried sage, smoked paprika, salt, and ground pepper. Mix together set aside.
- Clean neck, gizzards, and other parts out of the whole chicken. Run over over entire chicken to clean. Pat dry.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Rub lemon garlic mixture all over chicken (be sure to put some under the skin as well).
- Stuff the bird with 1 lemon that has been halved.
- Place 3-4 slices of lemon on top of the bird.
- Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes, or until internal temperature is 170 degrees.