Pollo a la PlanchaPasture 2 Table
4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
1 teaspoon salt
1 small onion cut into thin rounds
2 teaspoons olive oil
Pollo a la Plancha (grilled chicken)
This is a classic savory Cuban recipe; the key here is to “butterfly” the breast by slicing in so that it opens up like a butterfly. Then you “pound it” so that it becomes thin. Once it is thin, it won’t take very long to cook. Make sure to not leave it on the stove for too long, or you’ll risk it becoming extremely dry. This is a very juicy and flavorful meal, Enjoy!
1. Begin by seasoning the chicken breasts on both sides and setting aside. You can use a tangy marinade known as “MOJO” or your favorite chicken marinade.
2. In a large non-stick skillet or grill pan, add the olive oil and turn up to high heat.
3. Once the pan is ready, add the chicken breasts and let them cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. When you Flip them, squeeze a generous amount of lime juice over the chicken and finish cooking on the other side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
4. Next, add the onions to the pan, season them with a little salt, and sauté them for a few minutes, until they’re nice and golden. Place on a bed of onions on your serving plate and then place the chicken on top of the onions.
5. For traditional Cuban style, serve with white rice and black beans. Alternatively you can serve with a large green salad for a healthier option!