Fried Chicken Florida StylePasture 2 Table
Add 2 to 2-1/2 pound chicken cut in pieces
3 Cloves of Garlic minced
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Cumin
The juice of 1 Sour Orange *
1 Medium size Onion
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Cup Cooking Oil
1. In a bowl, mix the garlic, cumin, oregano and sour orange juice (this is called “adobo”). Pour “adobo” over chicken, place sliced onion over the chicken, cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Put oil in frying pan and heat over “Medium” heat. Remove chicken from the “adobo”. Save the “adobo”. Fry chicken until golden brown.
3. Lower heat to “Low”. Add salt, pepper and the “adobo” to the pan, cover and cook for about 25 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from the frying pan and drain over paper towels to remove excess oil – or not!
* If your grocer does not carry sour oranges, mix 1/2 cup of orange juice with 1/4 cup of lemon juice.